Six months after our successful launch we are looking to develop the creative side of the website and online magazine, The Scented Letter, with the creation of a new writing role. Our writing tone is informative but warm, and the post requires depth of knowledge of fragrance (and ideally good contacts within the industry), but also an approachable style.
This will involve…
- Daily short postings to the WordPress website of fragrance reviews/interviews/breaking news/news items.
- News contributions, Latest Launches reviews and longer articles for The Scented Letter.
- Preparation of our weekly news bulletins to subscribers and non-subscribers using Mailchimp.
- Text for new Discovery Boxes, as they go live, six times yearly (and input to accompanying ‘smelling notes’).
- Attending press launches/conferences relevant to our subject matter (including some evening events). • Being part of The Perfume Society ‘team’ at our own hosted events with fragrance brands/stores.
- Preparation of occasional ‘perfume house’ history pages for the website
- Customer service correspondence, as required. In addition, we would like you to be part of the social media team, posting an item to Facebook daily, and Tweeting strategically in liaison with other team members.
- We are a roll-up-your-sleeves sort of operation. This means that occasionally, there’ll be help needed with other logistics aspects of the operation in the run-up to press events, reader events, etc. (Yes, there could be occasional bag-stuffing and fragrance-counting, during stocktakes – but we all do it.)
- A love of fragrance and an ability to write evocatively about it.
- Knowledge and experience of WordPress (and ideally Mailchimp, though this isn’t a deal-breaker).
- Social media skills.
- To be organised.
- To be able to work collaboratively as well as independently Salary TBD depending on experience.
We are – as you can see from the above photo – based in W1 at a beautiful, airy, sixth-floor office dangerously close to Liberty department store.