FRAGRANCE FAMILY: CITRUS
Top notes: orange oil, bergamot, lemon, mandarin
Heart notes: petitgrain, cardamom, galbanum
Base notes: neroli, ylang ylang, musk
One of the original and much-loved scents in the extensive Molton Brown family, this eau de toilette is crisply invigorating to the senses, with bergamot and mandarin in the top notes blended with Seville oranges for an extra zap of zest. One spritz is all that’s required to have you dreaming of sun-warmed skin and an orange grove resplendent with ripe fruit hanging from the trees.
Pettigrain, cardamom and galbanum add the sensation of passing through dappled shade, a welcoming cool breeze that merges seamlessly into a deeper base of neroli and ylang ylang muskiness – a lasting trail to make you sigh with pleasure.
SMELLING NOTES: EXPLORE ORANGE & BERGAMOT
- Which is the dominant citrus of the top notes to your nose – and does this change as it dries down, later?
- Citrus always makes us think of sunshine and holidays – where does this fragrance make you travel to, in your imagination?
- Galbanum is a ‘green’ resin perfumers use to as fresh air and foliage to a fragrance – can you detect it in the heart notes?
- What time of day or year would best suit this scent – are lighter perfumes always to be used in hotter months, do you feel?
- Which three words best sum up Molton Brown Orange & Bergamot to you? Lively? Energising? Vivacious? Over to you…