FRAGRANCE FAMILY: FLORIENTAL
Top notes: cardamom, ginger, clove
Heart notes: tuberose, tagetes, lily, jasmine
Base notes: cedarwood, sandalwood, musk
Devoted fans of the Heavenly Gingerlily range – and there are many – were thrilled when Molton Brown launched this exotic elixir as an eau de toilette, to further layer on the lusciousness. Promising an escape to Tahitian shores, fragrant spices scent the warm breeze, with cardamom, ginger and clove cleverly used here as top notes that carry us on a journey throughout the development as it warms on the skin.
A heady white floral bouquet of jasmine nestled with tuberose and lily is proffered from the heart, and a softly musky base anchored with the smoothest accord of cedar and sandalwoods. Closing your eyes you can just imagine the black sands of Tahiti and exotic blooms enticing you to explore the paradise beyond.
Molton Brown Heavenly Gingerlily £39 for 50ml eau de toilette
Buy it at Molton Brown
SMELLING NOTES: EXPLORE HEAVENLY GINGERLILY
- What does the fragrance family term ‘floriental’ conjure up for you? Can you name other fragrances, from this family? (Explore here, if you like…)
- As it settles on your skin, when do you notice the heart notes coming through – do they bloom all at once or one at a time?
- If you won an exotic holiday to Tahiti, who would you whisk away to enjoy it with you?
- Scent and cocktail pairing is oh-so-fashionable right now; what drink would you create based on Heavenly Gingerlily?
- Which three words best sum up Molton Brown Heavenly Gingerlily to you? Alluring? Tropical? Intoxicating? Over to you…