FRAGRANCE FAMILY: CITRUS
Top notes: lemon oil, bergamot, basil
Heart notes: thyme oil, cedarwood
Base notes: cistus labdanum oil, vetiver, tolu absolute
Rediolent of the morning sunrise, this shareable citrusy scent will definitely get your day off to a zingy start with a striking accord of lemon and bergamot and the surprising addition of basil in the top notes. A herbaceous heart follows, with thyme and cedar leading to the intriguingly resinous cistus labdanum and earthy vetiver of the base. Tolu absolute is used to smooth the blend to perfection, a fragrance to rouse you from slumber with a smile and feel the warmth of the sunshine on your skin as the dewdrops evaporate, and the day awakens with you.
Inspired by the mysticism of Thailand, we feel this is one of those scents you’ll go back to time and again – whenever you need an extra burst of confidence or to enjoy a moment of peaceful solitude that’s just for you.
Molton Brown Bushukan £39 for 50ml eau de toilette
Buy it at Molton Brown
SMELLING NOTES: EXPLORE MOLTON BROWN BUSHUKAN
- If you could choose a place to meditate anywhere in the world, where do you dream of relaxing most?
- What notes do you find most calming (for you, personally) in perfumery?
- Is this more masculine, feminine – or totally shareable?
- If you were designing a fragrance to remind you of sunshine, aside from citrus what else would you add?
- Which three words best sum up Molton Brown Bushukan to you? Sunny? Gregarious? Captivating? Over to you…