FRAGRANCE FAMILY: WOODY
Top notes: black pepper, lemon, ginger
Heart notes: coriander oil, basil
Base notes: vetiver, oak moss, ambergris
One of the most celebrated scents in the whole of the Molton Brown repertoire, the spicy black pepper is further enhanced by the addition of lemon and ginger in the top notes – a true wake-up call to get you going in the morning (or at any time you need a boost of energy!) Darkly fragrant herbaceous notes of coriander and basil in the heart notes lend an intensity that seems to softly growl.
The earthy sweetness of vetiver, oakmoss and rare ambergris provide a dapper sophistication and deep woodiness to the longer-lasting base – a fragrant trip to the spice-spiked breezes and warm sands of Madagascar that we’ll never tire of taking… and the legions of die-hard black pepper fans most certainly agree. We rather think after one sniff of this, you’ll be joining them, and layering the eau de toilette up with matching or complimentary body products, too.
Molton Brown Re-Charge Black Pepper £39 for 50ml eau de toilette
Buy it at Molton Brown
SMELLING NOTES: EXPLORE RE-CHARGE BLACK PEPPER
- Spices normally smell ‘hot’ to our noses, but can you think of any that may smell ‘cool’ to you?
- We love the smell on this on a man’s skin, but are just as likely to ‘borrow’ it ourselves. Do you ‘share’ fragrances with a partner or keep for yourself?
- Coriander and basil oils don’t smell exactly the same as the fresh herbs – can your nose make these out, in the blend?
- If you were creating a collage inspired by this fragrance, what materials and textures would you use?
- Which three words best sum up Molton Brown Re-charge Black Pepper to you? Aromatic? Enlivened? Piquant? Over to you…